Fold – A – Rama
Folded books inspired by Hedi Kyle
With Joan Byers
November 18, 2018 (Sunday)
With the recent release of Hedi Kyle’s “The Art of the Fold” there is fresh enthusiasm for folding paper into innovative book and paper structures.
Come and enjoy learning how to fold the perfect accordion and create a few of Hedi’s very appealing books.
Materials you will need to bring: Self-healing cutting mat (at least 18”, longer is better); Ruler (metal 12” to 18” long); Sharp knife (exacto or box cutting), Bone folder; Pencil. Double sided tape (the kind with paper on it – available at Island Blue 1/2″); needle with a reasonable size eye. Your lunch.
Tea and coffee supplied.
- Date: November 18, 2018 (Sunday) from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Location: Joan and Ginny’s Studio, North Saanich
- Cost : $35.00 (+ $10.00 for supplies to be paid to Joan at the workshop).
- There will be a maximum of 12 students.
- No previous bookbinding experience needed.
Registration: If you would like to attend, please contact Joan via e-mail at email@example.com and only then send payment. Cheques must be made out to CBBAG BC Island and mailed to:
10780 West Saanich Road
North Saanich, BC