with Lorraine Butler
- April 30, 2017 (Sunday)
This class will cover repairing of tears using Japanese paper and wheat starch paste, filling in missing areas of pages using Japanese paper and wheat starch paste, unfolding dog-eared pages correctly and flattening wrinkled pages. There will be a discussion about various Japanese papers and the reasons for choosing a certain paper for each repair and a demonstration of paste making.
There will be pages provided to practice on and then an opportunity, time permitting, for students to work on their own pages.
- $60 (for CBBAG members)
- $65 (for non-members)
- Payment by cash or cheque must accompany registration. Please send your registration fee to the instructor (Lorraine Butler @ Meadland Bindery – address below) with cheque made out to CBBAG: BC Islands Chapter.
- Materials: Supplies for the workshop are $10.00 per person in addition to the registration fee and are payable to the instructor on the day of the workshop.
Location: Meadland Bindery, 1192 Dignan Road, Brentwood Bay, BC, V8M 1H4
Class size: The class is limited to 4 students. There is a class minimum of three. The class will be repeated if there are enough students for another one.
Items to bring:
- Small fine scissors
- Small brush: #1 H.J. Squirrel Series 90 ($2.20 at Island Blue Print)
- Paste brush: 1/2” wide H.J. Series 950 White Taklon ($5.65 at Island Blue Print)
- Bone folder for scoring paper
- Metal spatula
- 12” metal ruler (not cork backed, if possible)
- 6” ruler (any type)
- Bring paper items you would like to repair
- Bring lunch; coffee and tea will be provided. Note: No food in bindery, please. Liquids must be in travel/spill proof containers.
Contact for more information: Lorraine Butler (instructor); email email@example.com; phone 250-652-0231
Cancellation Policy: Should you have to cancel your registration a full refund will be made if your request is received at least 7 days prior to the first class. If you cancel closer than 7 days prior, no refunds will be made. Cancellation can be made by phone or email to above contact person.