Workshop: Clock Rebacking
With Lorraine Butler
April 25 & 26, 2020 (Saturday & Sunday)
Learn to restore a cloth-bound, hardcover book, retaining the original cover and spine and rebuilding it structurally. Students can bring their own books to work, subject to suitability. No larger than 8” high, ideally about 5-6”. The text block needs to be intact, as there will not be time to do added repairs. I hope to provide books to work on, if needed.
This is not a beginners course. Students need to be comfortable working with book binding tools, materials and equipment.
The class is limited to 3 students, and will be offered again, in another month’s time (date to be determined), if needed.
- Date: April 25 & 26, 2020 (Saturday) from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Location: Meadland Bindery, Brentwood Bay BC
- Cost : $200 for CBBAG members; $225 for non-members
- There will be a maximum of three students.
Registration: If you would like to attend, please contact Lorraine.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephone: 250-652-0231
- registration form: PDF